Thursday, June 16, 2011

WELL after the adventure (such a slacker!)


So clearly I’m the jerk who couldn’t take the time right after the end of the trip to finish up my part of the blog.  Ooops.  Guess its just a sign of how it was right back to the grind of the real world, but in the personal life and the professional, as soon as I got back.

But I’m so incredibly glad and thankful we went on this trip, really really glad.  What a great idea that was!  *Pats self on back.*  It really lived up to all my expectations, and really made this milestone birthday much easier to accept.  In fact, I think everyone should celebrate milestone birthdays with a great adventure, shared with friends of the same age as oneself.  It didn’t fly by too quickly, either, but was perfectly paced—I was never really ready to go home (well, until I woke up the day we drove home with an AWFUL kink in my neck, which was not soothed by 8+ hours in the car). 

It was just wonderful to step away from the same old routine of our lives, and see things and people and places so very different from the every day.  I can’t say that I was necessarily rested when we got back (we were on the go a LOT), but I definitely felt mentally refreshed, and that really counts for a lot.  I also really enjoyed the time I got to spend with Morgan and April.  Despite all Morgan’s talk before, during, and after the trip about us wanting to kill each other and needing time away from one another, I really never wanted to kill anyone at all—I was along for the ride and enjoyed learning some new things about both of them I didn’t know before.  I also very much enjoyed sharing incredible/amazing/fun/scary/neat/enlightening/thoughtful/amusing/hilarious experiences with them, and creating awesome memories and great stories to tell our friends and families.  Plus I think it was good to have the company in coming to terms with the aforementioned major birthday milestone.

What a great way to celebrate and enter into a new decade of life, wide open with possibilities. Here’s to 30!!

(Is it too early to start planning for 60?  We were thinking perhaps we might have the money by then to go to Europe…)

No comments:

Post a Comment